In The Hall Of The Mountain King – The Marimba Belles
Planet of Lost Souls – Thomas Dolby
Transparencias – M.I.A.
Vassarlean – Charles Mingus
The Insidious Revenge Of Ultima Thule Part One – Birdsongs Of The Mesozoic
Rhubarb – Aphex Twin
Ladino Song – Oi Va Voi
Ravendhi – Cirque Du Soleil
Mamelukki & Musta Leski – Alamaailman Vasarat
Pull Jabal Pull – JJ Johnson
Memory Band – Rotary Connection
Shapes Of Things – David Bowie
Mars, The Bringer of War – Isao Tomita
Kula Bocca Says So – The Residents
Glue – 5uu’s
Expectativa – Asfalto
The Fish [Shindleria Praematurus] – Yes
C’est La Vie Qui Les A Menés Là! – Magma
Cryogenese Les Portes Du Futur – Art Zoyd
Awake – Mungal with Nitin Sahwney
Sound Music – DJ Babu
My God – Jethro Tull
Despite all the ridiculous fearmongering and conspiracymongering, our government continues to prove itself to be remedial and stunted in so many ways.
The Department’s leadership did not attempt to cover up information or mislead Congress about it…. (and is) announcing additional personnel changes today.
Either way, it seems that Romney and Obama are no different on the severe issues. Either way we end up with the same old game.
Via the blackagendareport.com:
1. 40 year war on drugs must continue, and even mention of the prison state is unthinkable
2. No minimum wage increases for you, no right to form a union, no right to negotiate or strike if you already have a union, and no enforcement or reform of existing labor laws.
3. No Medicare For All. Forget about it eliminating the Medicare age requirement so that all Americans would qualify.
4. Immigrants must be jailed and deported in record numbers.
5. FCC should not and must not regulate telecoms to ensure that poor and rural communities have access to internet, or to guarantee network neutrality.
6. Oil and energy companies, and other mega-polluters must be freed to drill offshore almost everywhere
7. US Presidents can kidnap citizens of their own or any nation on earth from anyplace on the planet for torture, indefinite imprisonment without trial or murder them and neighboring family and bystanders at will.
8. Africa should be militarized, destabilized, plundered and where necessary, invaded by proxy armies like those of Rwanda, Ethiopia, Burundi or Kenya, or directly by Western air and ground forces, as in Libya.
9. Palestinians should be occupied, Iran should be starved and threatened from all sides, Black and brown babies and their parents, relatives and neighbors should be bombed with drones in Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia
The “militants” targeted by the United States are often just military-aged men who happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Obama’s kill list–his program of extrajudicial killings, directed at American citizens suspected of terrorism—is an affront to the values of the Constitution, and a huge blemish on his record. The same goes for his failure to prosecute Bush-era tortue abuses, as well as his zeal for whistleblower prosecutions. And it’s certainly not helping our image in the region.
10. Banksters and Wall Street speculators deserve their bailouts and protection from criminal liability, but underwater and foreclosed homeowners deserve nothing.
11. Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement. (because NAFTA was so great)
12. Climate change treaties and negotiations that might lead to them should be avoided at all costs.
13. Medicare, Medicaid and social security are “entitlements” that need to be cut to relieve what they call “the deficit.”
14. any sort of WPA-style program to put millions of people back to work.
In fact, despite his promises to the contrary, Obama’s administration has been one of the least transparent in history, with 19 out of 20 cabinet-level agencies failing to follow the requirements of the FOIA. And those drone strikes can be a mere mistaken identity or accidental button-pushing away.
“I remember cuing up a US Predator strike before deciding the computer screen wasn’t depicting a Taliban insurgent burying an improvised explosive device in the road; rather, a child playing in the dirt.” –James Jeffrey
The National Constitution Center has found that one-third of the United States actually “extremely concerned” or “very concerned” about the future of their privacy given the very real possibility of rampant drone use in the US in the coming years.
These drones, btw, are one of the main reasons we’re so disliked in the middle east, despite any claims that it was some shoddy video, and regardless of Romney’s crass politicizing. As always, these issues are more complicated than that, (free speech included).
We now know that a concerted terrorist attack was at work, not just some street riots, and not some simplistic, xenophobic, bigoted, jingoist rhetoric generalizing the people in the region:
“WHY DO THEY HATE US?” “WHY ARE THEY SO EASILY OFFENDED”
There are many real reasons, from our decades of bad foreign policy, equation with Israel’s racist neoconservative regime, Drone strikes, economic inequity, wars, Global food prices… Not to mention the anti-Islam ads by our own moronic politicians, and the ghastly actions of a few servicemen.
Israeli leaders keep pushing for war, Obama threatens the Iranian president, Romney lusts even harder for bombs over the middle east, and racist campaigns to dehumanize Palestinians have come to America.
“In any war between the civilized man and the savage, support the civilized man. Support Israel. Defeat Jihad.” – Pamela Geller, American Freedom Defense Initiative (hate group)
Oh, and if you try to cover or take down those racist sentiments, you’re arrested for vandalism.
The elections are a joke, with both candidates running further right than the electorate, and the liar Romney now more unpopular than Bush.
It’s no wonder the GOP has to resort to conspiracy theory, dangerous assertions, the blame game, and outright lies to explain why they’re losing, and why they’re so unpopular.
Fact: when you use ‘unskewed’ numbers to look at NET job growth in America, Obama has created more jobs. Americans are feeling better about the state of the U.S. economy, and may not even be focusing on those monthly jobs reports as much as Fox News wants them to.
Let’s face it, whether the Republicans win or lose, they’re still losers. And most of the politicians, no matter their party affiliation, are fiscal and moral hypocrites.
Americans hold our system of government up as a model for other nations, but we show contempt for it at home.
A shadowy money explosion controls all of this theatre, with a sort of short-sighted conspiracy that doesn’t account for the dangerous and catastrophic complexities of real geopolitics. Most of the money is going to the most austere conservatives and greedy corpofascists, and the rest can just take over our democracy on the state and local levels. Income inequality in the United States is worse today than it was back in 1774. And the thinking that engineers this system is dogmatic and self-interested.
Can the ideology of capitalism bend to a stronger ideology of justice and love? -Joseph Stiglitz, Nobel Prize-winner
These money-grubbers will steal our election if we’re not vigilant.
They will mobilize against the people if we do not stand up and block them.
Spying on Muslims and Fabricating the Results, Targeting Activists (NYPD has been targeting anybody who tries to hold them accountable), Police Brutality, Constant Intrusion and Surveillance (Domain Awareness System, (DAS) created by the NYPD in partnership with Microsoft), Numbers Game of their Quotas (against minorities for minor offenses, tickets, small amounts of drug), Cover-Ups (The Blue Shield of Silence), botched or destroyed various pieces of evidence throughout investigations…
Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s ‘private army’ has been increasingly unleashed to beat, arrest, imprison, and broadly suppress OWS, targeted arrests of specific organizers as well as random street ‘snatch and release’ intimidation tactics.
They’re dangerous, and they’re mad. Somebody please stop them.