I read somewhere that on a first date, the following topics were poor choices of conversation, if you wanted there to be a second date; work, family, home life, favorite movies, favorite music, how the food tastes, income, hobbies, relationships, philosophy, education, what you think about children, the economy…
Everyone knows its rude to talk about religion and politics. Lord knows if you’re talking about the weather then the date must be going downhill. But what in the world is left? Besides sex, I mean, and you’re not supposed to talk about that in mixed company, so if you’re on a heterosexual first date, and especially if you’re awkward discussing the topic of sex, what are you supposed to do besides stare at each other and grin like idiots.
Ah, true love!
“So, what do you do?” She asks.
“I’m an engineer.”
“Hm. That sounds interesting. Did you go to college for that?”
“Yes, I went to ITT Technical Institute.”
“No no…” she says, laughing, “I mean, like, did you go to a real college?”
- RT @FrankConniff: If Trump is the least racist person, that means everyone has refused to rent apartments to black tenants, called Africa &… 2 hours ago
- RT @CharlesMBlow: When I hear Trump say that he is one of the “least racist people you’re ever interviewed,” what I actually hear is “the p… 2 hours ago
- "I Have a Dream," Address Delivered at the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom | The Martin Luther King,... fb.me/94SPbAjdN 12 hours ago
- act.pfaw.org/sign/pass-drea… 12 hours ago
- go.ourrevolution.com/page/s/mlk-day… 12 hours ago