I’m waiting to take my Digital audio class, I’m sort of early. My mind has not known the bounds of busy that it can be before this quarter, and it is only week one. My parents are coming up, and I haven’t even had time to form opinions of the matter. They want me to be free all Saturday and Sunday. Hah! I have to write a short story (with illustrations) for Art in Early Civilizations, I have to help Jacob and Aaron finalize our ADTV script of 30 minutes or so (or 27:30, whatever), I have to read two short stories for English II, I have to read like a hundred pages of Heart of Darkness for World Lit, (which I don’t even get because Conrad is fucking European), and get some of my shit together for Professional Development. On top of that, I have a Mystery shopper assignment, and Jim and Commodore Bob want me to go to Mario’s for wings and beer tomorrow because its the first Saturday in like forever that Bobert has had off. That’s also important to me. I have to save up money for books, each at about 70 bucks, I don’t even KNOW what I’m going to need for this class, but I can’t do homework throughout the week with seven classes, (Thank God Film Theory and Nonlinear Editing don’t require much homework… yet), and I have to organize the ADTV meetings because nobody else wants to do it, get grant information, research investors, and see if I can pick up any hours at WORK. I need to save up some money also, to get Jacob and Lindsay a kickass wedding present. Oy ve = Mental and emotional exhaust. Yeah, ma, I’ll have time to go to the freakn’ Olive Garden wit you.
I really don’t want my parents to meet Professor Madness. I know that they’ll be nice to each other I just dread that he’ll inevitably be drunk, stoned, and in bed with God knows who. And in MY most motherly voice, “why can’t he be more like that El Cocco? He’s upstanding and polite.”
And the worst part is, I’m not even panicking. Maybe I’m unhealthily regressing some emotions here that I shouldn’t be, but I feel like I should be more hectic than I am. That, and I actually LIKE it when I have too much to do. I call it, “producing.” It allows for a creatively stimulating environment. You know, I have NOTHING decent for my portfolio yet, and I’m graduating in like, two quarters, I believe. Gr. I don’t want to be a Video Engineer. I always wanted to be… a LUMBERJACK!
- RT @timothypmurphy: you've only heard one side of the story, what if I told you that Ben Jacobs carved his first initial, "B," onto this po… 23 minutes ago
- RT @Kris_Sacrebleu: There are a lot of unwell people on the internet. 23 minutes ago
- RT @aseitzwald: *Deputy Chair More: "Clearly he's not fit to represent Montana in Congress." twitter.com/aseitzwald/sta… 33 minutes ago
- RT @Amy_Siskind: Also of note in Fox News Poll: @VP Pence approval now underwater: approve 42 (down from 50) disapprove 43 https://t.co/R… 48 minutes ago
- RT @cwarzel: two. different. universes. twitter.com/jlangdale/stat… 1 hour ago