I’m waiting to take my Digital audio class, I’m sort of early. My mind has not known the bounds of busy that it can be before this quarter, and it is only week one. My parents are coming up, and I haven’t even had time to form opinions of the matter. They want me to be free all Saturday and Sunday. Hah! I have to write a short story (with illustrations) for Art in Early Civilizations, I have to help Jacob and Aaron finalize our ADTV script of 30 minutes or so (or 27:30, whatever), I have to read two short stories for English II, I have to read like a hundred pages of Heart of Darkness for World Lit, (which I don’t even get because Conrad is fucking European), and get some of my shit together for Professional Development. On top of that, I have a Mystery shopper assignment, and Jim and Commodore Bob want me to go to Mario’s for wings and beer tomorrow because its the first Saturday in like forever that Bobert has had off. That’s also important to me. I have to save up money for books, each at about 70 bucks, I don’t even KNOW what I’m going to need for this class, but I can’t do homework throughout the week with seven classes, (Thank God Film Theory and Nonlinear Editing don’t require much homework… yet), and I have to organize the ADTV meetings because nobody else wants to do it, get grant information, research investors, and see if I can pick up any hours at WORK. I need to save up some money also, to get Jacob and Lindsay a kickass wedding present. Oy ve = Mental and emotional exhaust. Yeah, ma, I’ll have time to go to the freakn’ Olive Garden wit you.
I really don’t want my parents to meet Professor Madness. I know that they’ll be nice to each other I just dread that he’ll inevitably be drunk, stoned, and in bed with God knows who. And in MY most motherly voice, “why can’t he be more like that El Cocco? He’s upstanding and polite.”
And the worst part is, I’m not even panicking. Maybe I’m unhealthily regressing some emotions here that I shouldn’t be, but I feel like I should be more hectic than I am. That, and I actually LIKE it when I have too much to do. I call it, “producing.” It allows for a creatively stimulating environment. You know, I have NOTHING decent for my portfolio yet, and I’m graduating in like, two quarters, I believe. Gr. I don’t want to be a Video Engineer. I always wanted to be… a LUMBERJACK!
- RT @David_Leavitt: Don’t be distracted by the Space Force. @realDonaldTrump keeps children in cages. Animals at a shelter each get their o… 8 hours ago
- You can call me an idiot but I will stand against racism and tearing families apart and caging children EVERY TIME.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 10 hours ago
- These people who claim 'hey, it's just the law to rip babies away from mothers and lock them in cages' are the SAME… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 10 hours ago
- Department of Homeland Security: Stop tearing families apart - Sign the Petition! chn.ge/2JVReyU via @Change 10 hours ago
- RT @WajahatAli: This is a straw man. If you criticize White supremacy or White nationalist racism that doesn't mean you hate Whites or Whit… 10 hours ago